Through the many months of summer, one activity I can always count on to pass time effectively is reading. Especially when the books are summer themed. Here’s a list of books that will (hopefully) put you in that fun summer mood.
- I remember reading this book a few years ago and finishing it with a smile. When Sloane suddenly disappears before what’s supposed to be an amazing summer, Emily has a list of thirteen tasks to do before the summer is over. What an exciting summer! Apple picking at night and dancing until dawn, you don’t want to miss this book.
2. Alex, Approximately is about Bailey Rydell who has spent many months crushing on “film geek” called Alex who she’s only known online. When she moves into his hometown, she doesn’t tell him about her job at the local museum or her arch-nemesis Porter Roth. However as the cliché goes, she ends up falling for Porter, but she faces a dilemma: should she hold onto Alex or Porter. This isn’t a spoiler as it’s given in the summary online, but Porter is “Alex, approximately.” A fun, easy and cute story, I think I should give this book a read.
3. I remember this story from the summer before tenth grade. When Molly moves back to Star Lake, she needs to survive the summer in the town she left a lot of drama behind. Reading this story, I felt a lot better about myself as a person. All in all, a fun and easy read.
4. Olivia had been training her whole life to be a star while her best friend Dana always cheered her on. But when Dana tags along with Olivia to Orlando for the weekend, it is Dana who gets discovered. Drama, jealousy and boys, it’s like a watching a movie through words.
5. This isn’t exactly a summer themed book, but I would recommend this book on any list. When Sabrina Boggs comes across an interesting collection of marbles amongst her father’s possessions, she finds out she never really knew her father all that well. Taking place in one day, you’ll be hooked. Or at least I was.