The U.S. presidential race decides who one of the most influential and powerful political figures in the world will be, and yet it is being treated as reality TV. Why? Because of Donald Trump.
This man is unconstitutional, narcissistic, arrogant, childish, a liar, vague with policies, a promoter of hate crimes, and an encourager of racist behavior. He should never be president of the United States.
Firstly, he’s an obsessive liar. He insults people to seem powerful and makes up statistics and facts to support his opinion. To start, he said, “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud.”
Here are other lies he has told:
- Claims he watched thousands of people cheer when September 11 happened in New Jersey. (No one has recollection of this happening)
- “The Mexican government… they send the bad ones over” and that the government forces them to come to America. (It’s called free will.)
- America is the highest taxed country in the world. ( Aruba is.)
- The unemployment rate is 42%. (Actually 5.5%)
- “Public support for abortions is going down.” (It’s increasing and now at 58%.)
- A Trump television ad showed people running across the “Mexican/American border” but the footage is from Morocco.
- “I don’t know anything about David Duke.” He is documented earlier calling David Duke a racist and bigot, proving he lied.
- Claims he gave his campaign $20-25 million and taken no money from outsiders. (He loaned his campaign $17 million, taken over $7.5 million from supporters and has two donations buttons on his website.)
His supporters like him because he “tells it like it is.” Well, all he does is lie. Politifacts calculated 76% of his statements are false.
Now that he is running for president, he has changed all of his positions in order to get more votes. He has publicly both supported and opposed all of the following issues: pro-life and pro-choice, for and against assault weapon bans, in favor and against refugees in the country, support and hate for Hillary Clinton, and probably more.
On gay marriage he said, “I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.” That doesn’t make sense.
He flip-flops back and forth on huge decisions, which is unreliable.
People support him because he is a “good businessman,” and therefore, he should be president so he can run the country like his business. Firstly, being president isn’t a business. A businessman works almost exclusively with the economy, yet the President is head of the executive branch and the commander in chief of the military. He votes on legislation and is a representative of the U.S. These responsibilities could never be accomplished by someone who only has experience in business.
In addition, Trump might not be the successful businessman that people think. Trump’s business has filed for bankruptcy four times, and several of his companies have failed. To name one, he created a mortgage company right before economic crash in 2008.
He also has many unpresidential characteristics – he is narcissistic, uneducated, and immature.
He claims to be highly educated, but said, “It’s freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!” Obviously, he doesn’t know the effects of global warming.
Another quote by Trump: “I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.” He uses women’s beauty as a source of success and legitimacy to run for president.
His feud with Rubio proves his immaturity: “Look at those hands, are they small hands? …I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee.”
The recent protests show what America would be like if Trump was elected. He promotes violence and hate crimes and he openly uses racial slurs that are completely offensive, such as: “Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”
His solution to defeat ISIS is to kill all their families – which is a war crime. He also said, “Muslims should be shot with bullets covered in pig blood.” Both unconstitutional.
Even some public figures are speaking out against Donald Trump. Mr. Bush said: “Donald is great at the one-liners, but he’s a chaos candidate, and he’d be a chaos President.” America doesn’t need chaos, we need a real leader. Don’t vote for Trump.