It’s that time of year. Families come together, everyone puts on their festive attire and lots of money gets spent. But I’m not talking about Christmas. No, I’m talking about prom season.
There is a large discrepancy between prom stress factors for guys and girls. For guys, the stress builds up until the promposal, then quickly dissipates after that. For girls, however, all the stress comes after that. How do I do my hair, nails, makeup and the most important question: what dress do I wear?
To hopefully make that question easier to answer, here is a list of multiple online dress shops to devour. Happy shopping!
- Rent the Runway – This website differs from others because it gives you the option to rent very high-end dresses. If you are looking to rent a dress, these are very reasonably priced. If you are looking to buy the dress, they are slightly more expensive.
- BHLDN – Intended for bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses, this site offers a plethora of classic, vintage and sparky ensembles. Depending on the design, these dresses range from reasonable to very pricey.
- Sherri Hill – If you are looking to stand out, this is the site for you. Often covered in sequins or polka dots, or both, these dresses are sure to amaze. However, with big dresses comes a bigger price tag, so if you want to save make sure to filter your search.
- NORDSTROM – If you are looking for a one-stop, plenty of options site, Nordstrom is sure to satisfy. With a large range of prices and styles, Nordstrom is perfect for a large search.
- ASOS – With a variety of dresses and a separate section delegated to prom, ASOS has a huge selection. This huge selection does come with a varying price range, but on average these dresses can be somewhat pricey.
- ShopBop – If you’re looking for a beautiful, but very, very pricey store, ShopBop has a range of fabulous dresses, but all at the high end of the price spectrum. ShopBop has a huge selection of long, short, tight, loose, princess-y and more chill. If you’re indecisive but not looking to save, ShopBop is the spot for you.
- JJ’s House – If you want a glamorous gown, and for a very good price, JJ’s House has a great selection at a super affordable cost. They have many long dresses on offer that all follow a ball like theme. If you want a shorter dress, you should take a look at some of the other sites.
Grab your dress, grab your prince (or princess), and get ready to have a ball of a time at what is sure to be the shang-highlight of your year.