“List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take more than a few minutes, and don’t think too hard. It’s not about the ‘right book’ or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Then tag 10 friends and me so I can see your list.”
With this popular challenge going around Facebook, teenagers have an opportunity to show the world that the modern youth still reads, despite the common stereotype.
Many SAS 9-12 grade students participated in this challenge. After seeing numerous book posts on Facebook, we compiled a list of top ten SAS books.
- “Harry Potter” series by J.K.Rowling
- “The Great Gatsby” by Scott Fitzgerald
- “1984” by George Orwell
- “Les Miserables” by Victor Hugo
- “Catcher in the Rye” by J.D.Salinger
- “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green
- “Speak” by Laurie Halse Anderson
- “Fahrenheit 451” by Ray Bradbury
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
- “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams